Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mind Mapping


The above was done using paper and pencil.




I also used iMindMap which was easy and kind of cool to use, but with out purchasing the program I can not save it in a format that will upload to blog. This was my favorite way of creating the mind map.







The above map was done using Bubbli.us


I found it nice to be able to use the technology map because I could move things to make the next branch fit better. It was also easy to move and rearrange the branches.


The pen and paper was simple to just get started with out having to learn the program and how to add, move, delete items.
I think this is a great way to help kids organize their thoughts when writing a paper or doing a project of any kind. At my kids first school they used a lot of creative organizers along this vein of thought and I believe it really helped them with their writing. I will definitely be using the online version for my son with Aspergers, it will help him be successful with out having to write it out by hand.
1. Organize thoughts
2. Visual representation
3. Easy to manipulate
4. Helps create structure with in writing - start with one vein and then go on to next.
5. helps take thougths and put them on 'paper' good transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment